A painful week for worldwide stock markets. I think most are happy that it’s over and a new week has begun with a solid tone!! On last Thursday, Dow suffered the largest point drop in a single day in its entire history. For OPNewsletter May 2010 , we are up +11.6% with 2 weeks to go. These results don’t include gains on speculative trades. (If you are not an OPNewsletter member and would like to sign-up, pls click here to sign-up for the waitlist as OPNewsletter subscription is open via invitation only).
Here are some of the key highlights of OPNewsletter commitment over the past week-
- Almost 3,000 words written in OPNewsletter Member’s only section of the forum, on Friday alone (with key insights and tips)
- A rigorous follow-up with the senior management of one of top US brokerage firms to help find causes for platform failure and tips to reduce it in future
- Tons of e-mails replies,
- Provided suggestion for personal portfolios to some of the very old members (there is no additional $$ charge)
- Risk adjustment plans on almost all type of ‘what if scenarios” (of course there will still be few left)
- Provided significant protection plans for the May NDX condors at a time when NDX moved almost 250 points in a week (as much as preceding 2months’ equivalent move) and still come out profitable
- A lot of money making opportunities, when Mr Markets almost danced to OP’s tunes (Recall 10,700 and 10,300 points of Dow, just review my general market comments, tweet streams and past 10 posts on the OptionPundit blog).
- Above all, early warnings from as early as April 15th which on one hand saved losses from potentially going long, and for OPN we didn’t open new portfolios. The appreciation of early warning is always in the hindsight. The true power of this was observed in Sept’08 (it’s been almost 2 years and many traders are still rebuilding capital lost). I shall write more about this later.
- And by Friday, I also positioned OPN members for positive deltas especially on the MNX.
I don’t know how many of you could really take benefit from all this, but this was one of the fantastic panic sell-off when almost $1trillion has been wiped out from the Markets and we could still do well. Every individual has his/ her tolerance for risk and greed, but it was a time when one equipped with the above information beforehand could have really make a lot of money.
All the above efforts required huge time commitment (especially during the time when pain was reigning almost everywhere) and it limited my opportunities to personally benefit. In fact during this time, my personal portfolio took a hit but I was able to ride some on Friday and then positioned myself for a deeply positive Monday (2x SPX) (For reasons I shall share later in a separate post, so look out for the new post) and I hope to be net positive by coming week itself.
Albeit, if nothing else, at least, with this note, I would like to take this opportunity to highlight the commitment OPN has for its members. This is also one of the reasons why OPN has limited number of subscribers. I sincerely appreciate the positive feedback that you send time to time. Pls continue to share your thoughts/feedback as it works as a fuel that needs to be refilled especially during such times.
Should you have any questions, pls let me know,
Warm regards, OP