Even though I couldn’t trade that actively in March, it was an exceptional month. Overall portfolio return in the month of March was 32.6%. I am an income trader and target 5-8% per month (on overall portfolio) therefore I don’t expect months like March to repeat quite often.
Key trades of the month include:
- Directional Trade on LEND
- Directional Trade on bankruptcy play NEW
- Directional Trades on BKUNA, NDE and PDE
- Income trade on DIA (where all the March quarterly expired worthless)
- Income trade on RUT Iron condor (though my Bull put credit spread was a loser that nullified the IC gains).
- Income trades on MER, NKE and XOM portfolios.
Due to my Holiday travel, I didn’t open any other income trades except to roll DIA March 123 put quarterly into April 123 puts. I am looking forward to open another DIA April call to complete the resulting Iron condor and benefit from margins involved. Double diagonal on VMC was also successfull and thefore I shall be analysing the characteristics to choose stocks vs only indices for double diagonals. I couldn’t play AGIX, but congrats to all those who made money from that ticker (especially the IC players).
Profitable trading, OptionPundit