Learn the Secrets of The World’s Most Successful Options Traders:
Get behind-the-scenes strategies and insights for successful options trading.
Last revised: December 31, 2014
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to privacy@OptionPundit.com.
Information Gathered and Tracked by OptionPundit
We gather two types of data about our users: personal information and tracking information.
Personal information is provided by users when registering on OptionPundit Portfolio of Websites as a member of OptionPundit, our free flagship site, or another one of our free websites, when registering as a subscriber to one of our premium subscription services, and voluntarily at certain other points, such as entering contests, completing surveys or through any marketing flows. You may enter your information on our site, but if you prefer, you may talk offline to a customer service representative and provide the required information by email at members@OptionPundit.com.
Registering for Membership on OptionPundit
Currently, we do not require users to become members of OptionPundit in order to have access to the free commentary, analysis and news available on OptionPundit.com. However, if you would like to use certain features, such as email newsletters, free ebook, other materials as marketed time to time, or access additional products of OptionPundit Portfolio of Websites, we require you to register to become a member.
In order to register, you will have to supply us with your email address and choose a unique User Name and Password. You will be required to verify your email address by clicking on the activation link in the Welcome Letter that will be sent to you upon your submission of a completed registration form.
Subscribing to Premium Services
If you would like access to one or more of our premium subscription-based services, you will need to supply us with the information specified to activate your free trial or paid subscription, as appropriate. This may include credit card or other payment account information which are maintained through appropriate payment processors such as paypal, etc. We do not maintain your credit card information on our servers.
Other Personal Information Collection:
- White Papers, Ebooks, and Research Reports - We may offer white papers on various investment and financial topics. In order to download these special reports, you may be required to enter your email address, phone number and/or some additional personal information.
- Blogs - We may offer blogs featuring running commentary throughout the trading day by some of our most popular contributors. These blogs allow subscribers to respond to a blogger's commentary or to another subscriber's post. Access to some blogs may require a paid subscription to one of our premium services. We urge and encourage participants posting comments on the blogs to include their full name in any comment and to disclose any positions held in securities they discuss in any comment. Please note that information submitted to the blogs will be available for any user of that service to read, and is no longer private.
- Surveys/Polls - At certain times, you may be asked to participate in surveys, which are generally aimed at obtaining general information, for example, your investment experience or your reaction to a particular article. Because information obtained in these surveys is connected with individual subscribers and is used internally or by third-party partners to better market our services, participation is voluntary. In addition, some columnists will on occasion take polls of their readers. Such polls are solely for the editorial use of the individual columnists, and participation is voluntary.
- Contests and Sweepstakes - We may offer contests or sweepstakes in which certain personal information is required for registration, for purposes of verifying the entrants' identities and notifying the winners. If the contest or sweepstakes is being administered or sponsored by a third party, this information will be disclosed to that third party. However, entrants may select contest names distinct from their User Names, and the information is not connected with their User Names.
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on our websites. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this tyupe of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the Google opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
In addition to the cookies described above, OptionPundit, its agents, advertisers and third-party advertising vendors that serve ads onto our web sites, and other third party partners may use their own or third-party cookies or other tracking technologies for advertising, including delivering targeted advertisements and marketing messages based upon the websites you visit, or other purposes. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third part advertisers and vendors. Additionally, third party advertising vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the Internet. If you would like more information about cookies and targeted advertisements or to opt out of having this information used by companies that are part of the Network Advertising Initiative to provide such advertisements, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
USE OF THE INFORMATION
- To enhance users' experiences on OptionPundit Portfolio of Websites, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- To improve our content;
- To maintain and improve OptionPundit Portfolio of Websites and our Services;
- To ensure the technical functioning of OptionPundit Portfolio of Websites and our Services; and
- To deliver our Services, as well as free email newsletters containing selected stories, market information, advertisements and links to OptionPundit Portfolio of Websites, or to contact you via direct mail, email, telephone, or SMS text message with information and offers for our Services, as well as special offers and advertisements for products or services offered by third parties. You can select which free newsletters you would like to receive, unsubscribe from delivery of our free newsletters, our marketing messages and third party offers and advertisements at any time by visiting the Communication Preferences page under Your Account or contacting our customer service department by email at members@OptionPundit.com. Please note that if you unsubscribe from communications but subsequently reregister with OptionPundit or enter your email address into any form on OptionPundit Portfolio of Websites, your communication preferences may revert from their unsubscribed status and/or you may receive communications from which you had previously unsubscribed.
OptionPundit does not sell or disclose personal information about you described above to other people or nonaffiliated companies, except to provide you with products or services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or otherwise to cooperate with law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators;
- We provide the information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- We provide the information on a confidential basis to nonaffiliated companies we engage as contractors or agents to perform services for us, such as maintaining software or administering a sweepstakes or contest. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations;
- We may disclose all the information we collect as described above to other companies such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or to third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements; and
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular link or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups are available to you through our Web site. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited responses. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any of your personal information in a public forum.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING THE INFORMATION
OptionPundit offers to its members the ability to correct or update online the information we collected during registration by visiting the Your Account page. You may also contact our customer service department by email at members@OptionPundit.com .
OptionPundit limits access to personal information about you to those employees whom we determine need access to that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your personal information. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
YOUR INDEPENDENT RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER COMPANIES
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to privacy@OptionPundit.com. OptionPundit reserves the right to modify this policy.
8 Burn Road, Trivex Building, S369977, Singapore